Tour de Gruene Counter

Friday, September 9, 2011

Off to the hospital

My wife had an appointment yesterday for a possible hernia. Update: Turned out to not be a hernia after all.  Was a Sorama.  The doctor just happened to have a last minute cancellation, so we are off this morning to have her fixed up.  Gonna give me time to work on homework.  What I can't believe is that her whole operation will only cost a couple hundred dollars.  Everytime I go to the doctor for the first time in a year, I end up forking out my entire out of pocket and deductible of $2500.  Looks like I might have to switch to her Kelsey-Seybold insurance in October.  I have been holding off going, but I can feel that my kidneys still have stones and I don't want to be out that much cash over night.  The worse part is that everytime you see a new doctor or clinic or technician, they want their money.  I don't blame them, but I try to explain that I have already paid out this much and they can't have any more than that.  But, because my insurance hasn't posted it yet, they won't take less.  So, in the end you pay more than your out of pocket and deductible hoping to get refunds.  I just got a refund from Houston NorthWest last week.  I was 1 year ago, that they told me that they would refund it!

No comments:

Post a Comment