Tour de Gruene Counter

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Back to school I go.

So, I am finally getting around to finishing my degree.  You know the story, go to school, make a little money, don't need to continue school because you make money, then you are old with no degree.  Should have finished then, now I am going to have to take more classes to get through it. 
Most people don't realize that in Texas, a full time firefighter can go to school nearly free.  As long as the degree is related to the fire service, your tuition and lab fees are paid for by a grant through the state.  So, it is a no-brainer to get it done.  I am thinking about after my degree, switch over to nursing and then onto anesthetist school.  This way, most of my core classes will be paid for and the nursing specific classes won't strain my pocketbook too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment