Tour de Gruene Counter

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lots going on

The New Toy
My love bought me a Garmin Edge 705 for father's day.  It is really the shit!  It comes with a cadence and heart rate sensor.  Shaina knows me well and new I had reservations about buying this and she didn't give me an option.  She took me to buy it and I thank you Shaina! There are so many aspects to this thing that I am going to start a new page on just the device.




The Ride
Rode to work last shift again and Bill wanted to ride the next morning, so he picked me up from work and we did a 30 mile loop around the grass farms.  This was a really fun ride.  I can ride around Kingwood, but you have lots of side streets and cars to deal with.  Out there, we could ride long straight distances and only had probably 6 cars pass us for the entire trip.  Practiced a little with drafting too and forgot how scary that can be.


Medical
So, I have been a really bad boy and haven't been taking care of myself medically.  I havn't been taking any meds for the last year and haven't seen a doctor either.

Started off with podiatrist and he recommends orthotics.  Gonna wait a little while on this one til I figure out the insurance stuff.  Then saw my regular doctor and he placed me back on Lisinipril for BP and Levoxyl for thyroid.  After my ride with Bill yesterday, I saw my urologist and he has me going to get a CT scan for my kidney stones.  Hemituria confirms my suspicion that they are still there.  Not looking forward to that whole process.


Bill took a new pic of me on my new bike riding and it is now my blog pic up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment