Tour de Gruene Counter

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Had a nice 20 mile ride today.  Had two goals.  One was to constantly pedal.  I have a bad habit of coasting, mainly because I power to hard and then have to rest.  The second goal was to scout a good route out of Kingwood to Huffman.  Huffman has lots of roads that are great for riding road bikes and I need a route to get there from my house.  This route worked out pretty well.  Mostly streets with little traffic and a few trails that are road bike friendly.

I realized today that my clips are mounted way to far forward on my shoes.  When I adjusted them last, I had my cranks parallel to the ground and tried to feel where the ball of my foot was and I ended up adjusting them all the way forward.  After about 10 miles today, I can tell that I am pushing with my toes.  I will try to stand in the shoe on the pedal next time with the cranks perpindicular to the ground and that should give me more accurate placement. 

My ride took me across the Lake Houston McKay bridge.  This is a picture just coming on to the bridge where I stopped to check my text messages.

Become a Member
Loading... (Searching) Distance: 0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment